Life is still up in the air as far as our living situation. We've not gotten any response from the owners to our response to their email. And we've not heard anything from the property management telling us we have to move. So we're just going to carry on normally, paying our rent, until we receive official notice to vacate the premises.
We kind of suspect that even though the owners may actually want us to move that the property management place won't necessarily be right on top of things. We tend to believe this because of our experience with them. For example:
1. When we moved in we told them that a shelf in the fridge was broken and needed to be replaced. It's never been done.
2. When we moved in we told them that the gutters desperately needed to be cleaned. We repeatedly told them this. It's never been done.
3. When our original 1-year lease was up last May, they said we needed to sign an extension and that they would mail it. We've never seen it.
So for now, we're just continuing on status quo and we'll wait and see what happens. If they do actually get their act together, my last ditch effort is to plead with the owners to at least let us continue to live here while they try to find new renters. Because of the location of the house, the steep driveway, and the lack of yard, the house isn't going to appeal to everyone. So we really don't think that the house will be snatched up the minute it hits the rental market. There are lots of rentals out there, that are closer to town, bigger or less money. So if they're so concerned about the money side of it, I'll just appeal to their sense of logic and ask that we stay and continue to pay rent until they find someone who wants to do a lease. That way it won't sit empty, we won't have to move and they'll continue to collect their money. It's a win-win situation. Then, if by some stroke of weird cosmic intervention, someone comes along and wants to rent it, hopefully our house will be nearly finished and we can just bunk with my parents for the last month or so.
So today I'll drop my rent off and scamper in and out of the office as quickly as possible so that hopefully our address won't trigger some memory that they need to tell us to move out. Keep your fingers crossed!
4 comments:
I don't know how you handle the uncertainty! I guess because you don't have a choice, but still, it would drive me buggy. I think this is the first time I have been here to your blog, got here from THOPGood's site, and I really like your layout. So clean and fresh-looking!
Oh honey I've got fingers AND toes crossed for you!
Fingers and toes crossed!
Also, must pay rent today, thanks for the reminder!
Sucky scenario, no matter how you look at it. Sorry you are going through it but I do know that you have the strength to get through it in one piece. We're thinking of you!
Post a Comment