Thursday, August 7, 2008

An Answer to Prayers

During dinner tonight, the phone rang. One glance at the caller ID told me it was the owner of the house, calling from Colorado. After working up the courage to listen to his message and hearing "We might be able to work something out" I was encouraged a bit more. So with my fingers crossed I called him back.

He said that after consulting with the Head of the House (aka his wife) he wondered if we'd be able to commit to renting thru the end of December. If we could stay thru then, they would just take their chances come January 1st (if we are indeed out) but at least they'd have guaranteed rent thru the end of the year.

To which I replied "HELL YES!!!!"

Actually, that was just what was going thru my mind. Out loud I calmly & adultly assured him that we indeed could guarantee we'd pay thru the end of the year. I expressed repeatedly to him how grateful we were, how it really was an answer to prayers and that it was the perfect solution. If, for some reason, our house still isn't ready by the end of the year, we can stay and continue to pay rent, which again, is ideal for both of us.

I can't tell you how relieved I am. Really. I'm sitting here, nearly in tears, and so utterly thankful that we are able to stay where we're at. I have been praying my little heart out the last week, that a solution would present itself. Aside from not knowing where we were going to live, I've been worried about Sam starting school. I mean, I didn't know if he was going to be going to his same school, or if I'd have to be trying to get him registered and acclimated to a new school.

Now, I don't have to worry about it. A huge weight has been lifted - my prayers have been answered.

4 comments: