Saturday, August 2, 2008

I Can See It Now

Time for another exciting edition of Kate's Little Construction Project!! Lots has been happening and you won't believe the changes.

July 18th:

This is looking left from the front door, over to the kids' bedrooms.


This angle is from the kitchen, looking back towards the living room, front door, and kids' bedrooms.

While I was at the house, a dumptruck load of pea gravel was delivered and dumped in the garage, to backfill it. It is so nice and evenly distributed due to our efforts (mine, hubby's and even Framer Josh pitched in).

July 23rd:

The concrete slab was poured in the garage. Yay for concrete!

Then I was gone on my relaxing campout for a few days and this is what I returned to:


July 30th:

A house! It's looks like a real house! The trusses were delivered on Monday the 28th and Framer Josh and buddy Phil got right to it. My heart skipped a beat when I was driving up the driveway and saw this. Wowza.


And the interior darn near brought me to tears. I could really SEE my house. This is looking from the front door. The smaller window off to the right is over my kitchen sink. You can catch just a glimpse of a wall on the near right - that is the guest room door.


This is standing in the great room, looking to the right, towards the kitchen and dining room. It'll all be open. We decided not to do the half wall to separate the dining room from the great room. It just chops it up too much. I prefer it all open.


This is standing in the kitchen again, looking back into the great room. You can also see the guest room on the left.


This is standing on the back wall, looking directly at the front door. Guest room on the left, kids' rooms & hallway on the right. (Are you totally confused yet??)


This is standing in the same spot, just turned 90° to the left. The kitchen is on the left, the master bedroom back in the left corner. The stairs up to the bonus room will be directly ahead. My pantry is on the right.


Anyway, as you can see, we're making tremendous progress. We are SO pleased with the work that Framer Josh is doing. I am just in awe at his ability to translate a bunch of lines on paper into this. Kinda makes me want to become a framer!

Hopefully the rest of the project will continue on at the same clip that we've been going. Because, as I've alluded to, we're gonna be needing a place to live soon. And as the days go by, I SOOOO want to live in THIS house as soon as possible. I truly can't believe it's going to be our's. (As you've been reading this post, you should be hearing Martina McBride's song Blessed. Listen to the words. It's one of my favorite songs and truly describes how I feel on a daily basis. Oh, and it makes me cry every.single.time I hear it.) (Oh, and Tammy? When I saw her in concert she sang this and she choked up. Like that helped ME stop crying. LOL)

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Looks Fantastic!!! It will be done in no time at all!!

Mama Smurf said...

LOL! I love that song too!

Your house is looking awesome! Have you come any closer to finding a place to stay?

Suzie said...

That is so wonderful. Its gonna be a great house. You can almost see it now.