Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Movin' Right Along

The last week has been a whirlwind of activity and has left my head somewhat spinning and my blog posts rather sparse. But things should be settling into a more manageable routine shortly and I can return to thrilling you all with (almost) daily posts filled with wit and wisdom. (Ha!)

Last Thursday was Sam's birthday and in the span of three days, we threw two birthday parties. On Thursday we surprised him with a "friend" party at the bowling alley. The kids bowled, gobbled up pizza and french fries, then devoured cupcakes while Sam opened presents. (Pictures to follow - I haven't even had time to get them off my camera.)

Then on Saturday was the family party. Josh's family from the Seattle area all came and we got a chance to show them the house and the progress so far. We spent a couple hours out there, picking blackberries, watching the dirt piles being bulldozed into a beautiful big lawn area and dreaming of all the fun we'd have out there. We finally headed home and had a great dinner (even though it didn't turn out *quite* the way I'd planned). Sam was so enthusiastic and appreciative about all his presents and I was so proud of how he mostly remembered to thank everyone. His excitement was contagious and we really had a nice afternoon, laughing and talking with family.

Now we're gearing up to send Sam back to school next Tuesday. I'm having much more anxiety about 1st grade than I did last year when he started kindergarten. I know it's because he'll be gone ALL day and, even as much as me makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes, I'm going to desperately miss his little face being part of my whole day. I'm trying to focus on the positives, like it'll give Zoƫ and I time together to do things and let her have my undivided attention, but it's still hard to know he'll be gone for 6+ hours every day. Afterall, I've been home with him every day since he was born and I kinda like the little buggar.

So today I'm trying to think of something fun we can do today. I've worked the last two nights and am ready for some fun, even though my house could desperately benefit from my attention. We only have a week left of freedom and I want to enjoy it.

In house news, things are moving along. (I promise I'll post more pictures soon!) The roof is done, the windows were put in last Friday, the Tyvek is up all over the outside of the house in preparation for the siding to be put on, and Josh has started putting up electrical boxes for outlets and lights. My guess he'll start wiring it this week. We've ordered our front and back doors and I think we will go and order our kitchen cabinets this week too. Ooooh, the pressure! I have to decide on a stain color!

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Cant wait to see the house.