I have been fighting some crummy bug/illness since Thursday. And while it started out as a simple annoying sore throat and a little stuffiness, it has evolved into a full blown snot-fest, complete with incredible sinus pressure, neck achiness, a barky cough and a headache that multiple Canadian codeine tablets only barely helped.
True story.
The whole time I have been under the weather, I have been worried about my training. Like, how far am I going to be setback because of this stupid bug? And it's making me very cranky to think that I'll have to start off walking again, instead of continuing to increase my running. I'm VERY ANXIOUS to get back to the gym.
True story.
I have layed around and watched more crappy TV in the last two days than I have in the last six months. Prime example of my illness is the fact that I watched multiple episodes of Real Housewives of Orange County. On purpose. Me watching that crap? A sure sign of sickness. And boredom.
True story.
BUT. I think I may be on the mend. After calling in sick to work for two days (which I loathe doing) I'm actually upright and showered this afternoon and feeling a bit hungry, something I haven't felt in days.
True story.
3 comments:
Hope you feel better soon! Try interval training when you get back on the road. :)
But those housewives live such interesting lives. ;)
Dear Kate
I know for a fact that this tiny bump on the road to your very long and successful running career is ...
minuscule |ˈminəˌskyoōl; minˈəsˌkyoōl|
adjective
1 extremely small; tiny : a minuscule fragment of DNA.
• informal so small as to be negligible or insufficient
:) Paula
Post a Comment