- I completed my 2nd half marathon on September 27 in 3:05. This was 15 minutes faster than my first half marathon time. I was shocked to discover around mile 9 that I could possibly break the three hour mark. Still didn't quite make it, but I was extremely happy with that time. I ran more of this race, hurt more during it, and recovered faster after it. Ironic considering I trained less.
- After volunteering in my daughter's preschool class, I started having second thoughts as to her attendance. I was afraid that she wasn't getting anything educational out of it and that I instead was just paying for playtime for her. Now that a few more weeks have gone by, I see that there is some actual learning starting to happen. And I also have figured out that this first year of preschool is really about getting used to the classroom, learning how to interact with others and listen to the teacher. The book learning will come.
- My son is doing wonderfully in school, which makes me SO happy. The last half of last year was such a struggle for us both that it is such a relief to have him look forward to school now, and to be so positive about it.
- I joined the YMCA this month. My hope is to maintain a level of fitness through the winter and emerge in the spring ready to take on the next challenge. I want to improve cardiovascularly, gain some muscle and definition, and firm things up. 40 is just around the corner.
- I have unearthed a few of my craft boxes and boy howdy, do I have some projects to finish! I've also got a lot I want to start but I'm trying to restrain myself.
- I have 16 books beside my bed that I am waiting to read, and three new cookbooks on my desk to peruse. Hello, my name is Kate and I am a book addict. Nice to meet you.
- I started a book club at my work. Somehow I and another co-worker are spearheading the thing and I need to set up our first meeting asap. We are reading Ahab's Wife, or The Star Gazer by Sena Jeter Naslund. It's a good story.
- I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner at my house for both my family and my husband's family. To date, we have 22 people who will be attending, including us. I don't own that many forks. That is a problem.
- **WARNING** Female subject ahead - please skip if you are male, related to me, and/or are uncomfortable hearing about my anatomy.
- I had an IUD put in last November. I had it taken out in October. It was making me cranky, irritable, mean, crazy, bloated, irrational and sad. Also, my hair was falling out and I had the skin of a hormonal teenager. I feel much better now.
- Ok, it's safe to read again.
- I went to Eastern WA a few weeks ago to visit friends and we canned 90 quarts of applesauce and juice in a day. Now I fancy myself a pioneer woman and am intent on "putting up" as much of anything and everything I can. I have roasted and pureed pumpkin, which is now in my freezer in handy one cup servings. Next up: apple pie filling, Oktoberfest beer mustard, and marinara sauce. Hello, my name is Kate and I am a food hoarder. Or part squirrel. Or secretly Amish.
- While out with my daughter the other day, she looked up at me and said "Mommy, my heart hurts of love."
- I know what she means.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Bullets
Instead of trying to write an actual blog post, I'm gonna go ahead and use those wonderful little formatting wonders knowns as bullets to try to touch on some of the highlights of recent weeks months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think you need to start sharing some of these cookbook recipes so I can be inspired. I really hate cooking and every time I read a post or FB update of yours you make me want to like cooking. Help me!? =)
Fellow book addict! Glad to "meet" you.
Thats a lot of stuff to catch people up on! You need to blog more! Zoe was very cute when she said that. Very good one to remember when she is older!
Post a Comment