Hmmm, let's see...what can I confess today as truth? Oh! I know.
I have recently started watching Glee episodes online. I'd been hearing many good things about the show and I decided to check it out. And you know what? I'm hooked. What a fun little show! I haven't intentionally watched a network program with any regularity since...hmmm, 2005? I think the last show that I actually was into was American Dreams. Anyone remember that one? It was set during the late 60's and had one of the characters dancing on American Bandstand. It was a family-oriented show which is probably why it got cancelled after only three seasons. I have to admit that in my advancing years I find myself being drawn to shows that aren't laden with cursing, violence and sex, which effectively rules out 95% of what's on TV these day.
True story.
I am not a fan of reality TV in general. I have never watched Survivor, American Idol, America's Got Talent, Dancing With the Stars, Big Brother or most of the other reality shows out there. But a couple years ago when I visited my cousin and her four 11-week old babies, we sat around and watched alot of TV. And it just so happened that So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD) was beginning a new season. Well, I got hooked. And I've been hooked ever since. I have never danced, never wanted to dance or even pretended I could dance. But there's something about that show that gets to me. Maybe it's the passion and drive the kids demonstrate, or some of the incredibly moving choreography that they perform, but I find myself tearing up almost every episode. And there are certain songs I can't hear without visualizing the dancers performing to it. It kinda makes me want to get up and dance.
True story.
When I was a kid, my bedtime was 9:00pm. This presented a dilemma because a couple of my favorite shows were on at 9:00pm. Those shows being The A Team and Knight Rider. Come on, you know you loved Knight Rider. Anyway, once a week I was allowed to stay up until 10:00pm to watch a show. I would study the TV Guide to find out the story lines for both shows and then I'd have to choose which one to watch that week. I seem to remember The A Team winning out more often than Knight Rider.
True story.
3 comments:
My late night show was Little House on The Prairie! If I had known it would be in syndication, I would have chosen differently!
SYTYCD is the best show ever filmed! And Knight Rider comes in at a close second! =)
1. LOVE your new template.
2. I loved Knight Rider, and my brother had a toy Kit car. Barbie did not fit in that car which angered me.
Post a Comment