My pal Brooke (aka Whitey) has finally caved to the pressure and started a blog! She says it's to chronicle her summer adventures but I know it's really because she wants to be cool like me and throw her life out to the interwebs. I've apparently touted the addictiveness of the blogsphere to her one too many times and now she's been sucked in. If you get a minute, swing by and say hi to her and make her feel welcome! You can find her at http://www.thegatclanchronicles.blogspot.com/.
Brookie & I met almost three years ago thru our local MOMS Club. She had recently become a full-time SAHM and was looking for activities and friends to keep her busy and get her out of the house. When we met, our little ones, Dane and Zoƫ, were 6 weeks and 3 weeks respectively. As the months went by and we found ourselves at activities together frequently, I grew to admire and appreciate her razor sharp wit, her easy-going manner, generosity, and her overall joie de vivre. We soon discovered we had more in common than just babies the same age.
~We both adore being moms yet sometimes crave our old "freedoms".
~We both love to be on the go.
~We both were a bit wild & crazy in our younger days.
~We both like to dream big and shoot for the stars.
~We both love coffee and baked goods.
Brookie & I met almost three years ago thru our local MOMS Club. She had recently become a full-time SAHM and was looking for activities and friends to keep her busy and get her out of the house. When we met, our little ones, Dane and Zoƫ, were 6 weeks and 3 weeks respectively. As the months went by and we found ourselves at activities together frequently, I grew to admire and appreciate her razor sharp wit, her easy-going manner, generosity, and her overall joie de vivre. We soon discovered we had more in common than just babies the same age.
~We both adore being moms yet sometimes crave our old "freedoms".
~We both love to be on the go.
~We both were a bit wild & crazy in our younger days.
~We both like to dream big and shoot for the stars.
~We both love coffee and baked goods.
~We both have "Martha" tendencies (although I'll admit, she's a much better hostess than I).
~We both need sunshine and warmth and dream of living somewhere tropical.
The list goes on and on, but it all adds up to a really fun and special friendship. Being friends with Brooke is just easy. She makes me laugh, she's always ready to lend an ear, she's honest, she's creative and energetic, and she's comfortable in her own skin. She's a helluva gal and I love her. I know you will too.
2 comments:
AWWWWWW, you are words are much too kind. You cant give people a falst impression of me!!! Hahaha...Just kidding! Thank you so much for your very kind words. I am lucky to have you as a friend! Definately trying to be like you! We are gonna have a blast this summer!
xoxoxo, brookie
I'm off to visit her.
Kate, I'm pretty sure you and I would make wonderful friends in real life. =)
Post a Comment