I recently purchased fabric to start a new quilting project and I got things started yesterday. I got all the fabric washed and ironed and got the strips cut out and a few pieced together. Already I can see that it's going to turn out pretty well. I really like my fabric choices. It's been a while - almost a year, in fact - since I've done any quilting so I'm having to remember and try to employ the proper techniques I learned in the class I took last year.
Anyway, I got looking through my Photobucket account, where I have pictures of some of the other quilts I've made, and I thought I'd share them. Trust me, the camera hides many mistakes, but I'm generally pleased with them.
This is the one I made for my friend Michelle when she was pregnant with her son, Alex. It's flannel and was so soft and snuggly.
This is one I made for my sister Kelly. My mom helped me pay to have this one professionally quilted and it turned out gorgeous. I love the Irish Chain pattern.
This is one I made for my sister's annual Christmas party gift-exchange in 2006.
This is one I made for my cousin's little boy, Jordan.
I learned some basics of strip quilting a few years ago and was immediately hooked. I still have a TON to learn about it, but I figure by the time I'm a grandma, maybe I'll have it down! I'm always in awe of the quilts I see entered in the Fair and can truly appreciate and admire them, knowing the amount of work that goes into them. They really are works of art. Mine? Not so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment