Friday, January 11, 2008

Mt. Washmore




The Good News? These were all clean clothes. The Bad News? They were waiting to be folded and put away.

I am proud to say I have climbed and conquered Mt. Washmore. Never has it loomed so large in my home. It nearly occluded my hallway and threatened my physical safety whenever I dared to pass, not to mention the mental anguish of my guilt-addled conscious. I finally wrestled all 142 lbs of Downy-freshness onto my bed, vowing that I wouldn't sleep until the job was done. Hubby, sensing that his slumber was also potentially compromised, jumped right in to help, delivering all the neatly folded articles to their proper dresser drawers. In no time at all, we had reached the summit and freed our bed. Eureka! What a great feeling.

My work here is done.

For tonight anyway.

1 comment:

Heather said...

My laundry pile is like the San Andreas fault, always moving and growing, threatening to take a life at any moment. I don't mind doing laundry, it's the putting away I can't seem to do, I don't know why.2