As if a whole new year stretching out ahead of me isn't enough to look forward to, I just remembered that January starts up the tennis season! Yippee!! Wait...you think I'm kidding?? Oh no, my friends, if there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I LOVE tennis. I LOVE watching tennis and I swear someday I'm actually going to go to a Grand Slam. I cried - at work, no less - at the end of Andre Agassi's last match of his career (US Open 2006). I LOVE TENNIS.
And The Australian Open, the first Grand Slam of the year, starts in approximately 11 days, 5 hours and 9 minutes in Melbourne. Ahhh, the Australian Open. If I had my choice of Grand Slams to attend, it just might be my first choice. For a variety of reasons. First, it's in Australia. Duh. Second, January in Australia is SUMMERTIME. Hot and sunny there when it's cold and crappy here. Third, it's the most laid-bad, almost raucous, Grand Slam of them all. It's really like a big party where people just happen to be playing tennis. Looks like SO much fun. Even if you don't like tennis, I bet you'd have a good time there.
So, starting on January 14th, my TiVo will start capturing all the action, my children will be wailing and gnashing their teeth because Mommy will be hogging the TV (for once), and my laundry be will be the most caught up it's been since August (the last Grand Slam). For you see, being the total ADHD person that I am, I can't just sit and watch TV. I have to be doing something else at the same time, and folding laundry is the perfect thing. That way my hands are busy and I'm doing something productive so I feel a little less guilty about all the hours I'll spend watching a fuzzy little yellow ball being whacked back and forth over a net.
T minus 11 days, 4 hours, 49 minutes.

And The Australian Open, the first Grand Slam of the year, starts in approximately 11 days, 5 hours and 9 minutes in Melbourne. Ahhh, the Australian Open. If I had my choice of Grand Slams to attend, it just might be my first choice. For a variety of reasons. First, it's in Australia. Duh. Second, January in Australia is SUMMERTIME. Hot and sunny there when it's cold and crappy here. Third, it's the most laid-bad, almost raucous, Grand Slam of them all. It's really like a big party where people just happen to be playing tennis. Looks like SO much fun. Even if you don't like tennis, I bet you'd have a good time there.
So, starting on January 14th, my TiVo will start capturing all the action, my children will be wailing and gnashing their teeth because Mommy will be hogging the TV (for once), and my laundry be will be the most caught up it's been since August (the last Grand Slam). For you see, being the total ADHD person that I am, I can't just sit and watch TV. I have to be doing something else at the same time, and folding laundry is the perfect thing. That way my hands are busy and I'm doing something productive so I feel a little less guilty about all the hours I'll spend watching a fuzzy little yellow ball being whacked back and forth over a net.
T minus 11 days, 4 hours, 49 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment