Wednesday, January 16, 2008

AT LAST!!

We received some very good news yesterday.
After 3+ years of trying to get my parents' property short-platted and jumping through all the hoops that the County Planning & Development throws up, they've FINALLY signed off on it and it is officially 4 separate pieces of land! What does this mean?? It means we can finally, FINALLY, get started trying to build. Now that we have parcel numbers for each piece of property, we can use those to apply for building permits and hopefully get started in the next few months. We actually COULD be living out on our land, in our new house, by the end of the year!
It has been such a dream of our's for so long now, that I can't even begin to tell you how excited, relieved, and a little in disbelief, that I am that we may actually see some progress soon. I mean, I know we've got a lot of hard work in between now and then, but to be able to actually see some tangible results of our efforts will be worth it.
Not only am I happy for myself and my family, but for my parents. They have been waiting for SO dang long to live out there that I'm so happy to see things happen for them too. It's not just a fulfillment of a dream, but also a chance for them to slow down and just enjoy life hopefully. They're not getting any younger and the nagging thought was always in the back of my mind that if the County didn't hurry up, my parents may not be around to enjoy it, or not able to pursue living out there. I just hope that the next months go by smoothly and we can see some houses start to rise out of the ground. Dad and I have a lot of plans and ideas and I can't wait to get to work on them!

No comments: