After doing
my first half marathon in June, I decided Heck, I could do that again! Apparently, walking 13.1 miles is kind of like childbirth: you forget the painful parts and only remember the reward. So naturally I immediately committed to doing another one. Which is in 10 days.
I'm excited about doing it, especially since it's in my city and I can come home and
pass out on my couch celebrate immediately afterwards. Oh! And maybe I'll even have someone waiting for me, cheering me on, at the finish line! I'm hurriedly trying to get my legs and feet back accustomed to the
torture task of going 13.1 miles, since after the June race I spent a month hobbling around, babying a sprained ankle. And then summer, kids, camping,
blah blah blah got in the way and, long story short, I haven't been as
dedicated to my training as I should have been. So I guess I'll just plan to spend much of October hobbling around, babying my sprained/broken/abused {insert body part here}.
Do I know how to have fun or what??
2 comments:
Gyp and I just threw down 10 miles on Sunday, out of the middle of nowhere and this body wasn't near ready for it! But we did it, it felt good, and you'll have the same thing next weekend. We'll miss you at Girls Night but wishing you the best of luck on Sunday!
Love your blog :-) I just started running this year (I run slower than most people walk!) and did a half marathon in July, addictive. Looking for another one. Proud of you, have fun!
Post a Comment