Thursday, March 5, 2009

Go Fly a Kite

I've been kind of mired down with a snotty cold the last few days and combined with working until 11:30pm, I just haven't had much energy. Yesterday what energy I could muster went into folding the eleventy jillion loads of clean laundry that were threatening to avalanche and bury the nearest passerby (which was always ME since I'm the only one who apparently knows where the laundry room IS). I finally looked it square in the eye and said "FINE." And just to show it that I was serious, I even washed a couple more loads. I guess I showed it, huh? But I'm happy to report, our closets and drawers are now all full of clean and folded clothes. For the moment.

Today my empty cupboards were crying for food and my head screaming for cold medicine, so I packed up the kids and headed to Wal-Mart. Surprisingly, it was an uneventful trip and we made it home in one piece. While cruising the aisles, we came across some kites and I remembered what Zoƫ had said the other morning when we headed out into the wind to take Sam to school: "We need to get a kite, Momma." So we did. As soon as we got home and unloaded the groceries, we bundled up and headed out to try out our new flying tropical fish.


It was quite windy, which made for great kite-flying, but dang, it was cold! When we were in town shopping it had actually started to hail/sleet/snow so I knew the temperature was dropping.
We all took turns flying the kite and the kids had a great time. It was definitely windy enough to keep our fish afloat and Sam even managed to do a few loop-de-loops with it.



Even though it was short-lived because of the cold wind, it was nice to be outside and let the kids run around and burn off some energy.

To say we can't wait for Spring is an understatement.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Hey, you wanna go for a walk or something this afternoon? Walk w/o Brady at 1230, or something with Brady at 330?

Trina G. said...

I love the kite flying. Really cute.

We are waiting for spring too;(

Rhi said...

Awww. I used to love flying my kite. I think I'll do this next time we go to the beach

Mama Smurf said...

Now I've got the itch to go fly a kite...looks like I'll be making a run to Walmart later. Although it'll probably be sitting in the house for the next month with this rediculous weather!

Love the photos!