Happy Saturday!
The sun in shining in my windows and I'm happily puttering around my house, doing chores that normally would make me wail and gnash my teeth. But the sunshine makes it all better. That, combined with some Mozart & Chopin blasting throughout the house and I'm a whirling dervish. So far, I've made bread (which is rising and almost ready to bake), cleaned the kitchen, stood & daydreamed out my kitchen window about my garden-to-be, vaccumed and dusted, thrown some laundry in and folded a load of clean clothes. It's amazing how my energy level and motivation skyrockets when the sun is shining. Seriously, if I lived somewhere that was sunny year-round? No telling what I could accomplish.
*************************
I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed (still!) at all I have/want to do. Fortunately, the hard labor of building this house is mostly over, but now comes the maintaining of it as well as finishing up things. Plus, being here has flipped my inspiration switch on big time and I'm constantly coming up with more things I want to do.
I finally whined to Hubby that he needed to do some of the stuff I was avoiding because I seriously didn't have energy to deal with it. Stuff like calling the property management place and getting that whole mess straightened out. (The mess being that they sent us a bill for $450 after we moved out, claiming we weren't supposed to have cats, when we wrote on our application that we had two cats and had been told when we called to inquire about the house that, yes indeed, pets were allowed yet they apparently failed to collect a pet deposit. So they kept the $500 deposit we'd put down AND wanted $450 more. Oh, and they wanted to charge us $100 for the very cheap dryer knobs that had broken. Josh looked them up: they cost $8.) Anyway, he talked to the property manager and got it all straightened out, much calmly-er (is to a word) than I would have and we should be getting part of our deposit back. Phew.
*************************
I owe you some kitchen pictures too, don't I? Well, here you go.
The sun in shining in my windows and I'm happily puttering around my house, doing chores that normally would make me wail and gnash my teeth. But the sunshine makes it all better. That, combined with some Mozart & Chopin blasting throughout the house and I'm a whirling dervish. So far, I've made bread (which is rising and almost ready to bake), cleaned the kitchen, stood & daydreamed out my kitchen window about my garden-to-be, vaccumed and dusted, thrown some laundry in and folded a load of clean clothes. It's amazing how my energy level and motivation skyrockets when the sun is shining. Seriously, if I lived somewhere that was sunny year-round? No telling what I could accomplish.
*************************
I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed (still!) at all I have/want to do. Fortunately, the hard labor of building this house is mostly over, but now comes the maintaining of it as well as finishing up things. Plus, being here has flipped my inspiration switch on big time and I'm constantly coming up with more things I want to do.
I finally whined to Hubby that he needed to do some of the stuff I was avoiding because I seriously didn't have energy to deal with it. Stuff like calling the property management place and getting that whole mess straightened out. (The mess being that they sent us a bill for $450 after we moved out, claiming we weren't supposed to have cats, when we wrote on our application that we had two cats and had been told when we called to inquire about the house that, yes indeed, pets were allowed yet they apparently failed to collect a pet deposit. So they kept the $500 deposit we'd put down AND wanted $450 more. Oh, and they wanted to charge us $100 for the very cheap dryer knobs that had broken. Josh looked them up: they cost $8.) Anyway, he talked to the property manager and got it all straightened out, much calmly-er (is to a word) than I would have and we should be getting part of our deposit back. Phew.
*************************
I owe you some kitchen pictures too, don't I? Well, here you go.
Hope you're having a lovely weekend too!
6 comments:
Your kitchen ROCKS !!!!!
The kitchecn looks wonderful!!!! I am sure you are loving it. Take things one day at a time and somehow everything gets done?
Wow! That is an amazing kitchen! I stumbled here through Mama Smurfs blog, btw.
This is Trina. So good to see you on FB. You have been on my mind. I went through some old clothes and other things at Mom's in Goldendale this fall, and she pulled out the sweathshirt that we had personalized during the olympics. We each had one, do you remember that? I cracked up.
I'll stop by and visit your blog now!
Congrats on your new home, it's beautiful.
I. Love. Your. Kitchen. OMG!!!
We had a gorgeous weekend here too. Amazing how much of a difference it makes. Everyone is smiling.
Your kitchen is so pretty and shiney! I loved it! I can think of nothing better to do than sit at the island and watch you cook while I eat!
Post a Comment