Friday, February 20, 2009

Sanctuary

The house is continuing to evolve, with tasks and decorating being done gradually and continuously. I've been working on our bedroom, trying to create a comfortable space for us to relax in.

My goal was to create a beach themed bedroom, with colors that reflected the water and sand. Initially, I'd planned on painting the bedroom blue but after putting the same color on the bathroom walls, I found I couldn't stomach that much blue. It was just too blue. (If you recall, I repainted the bathroom shortly after painting it blue.) So, at the 11th hour, I changed wall colors for the bedroom and was thrilled with the result. Even now, I lay in bed, look at the room and am really happy with my choice. I kind of wish I'd painted the living room the same color.


I still wanted some blue in the bedroom but decided that a blue comforter would provide enough color. I found this set on overstock.com and decided that the print kind of looked like sea grass or something. Whether it does or not, I like it. And Hubby has been surprisingly vocal about how much he likes the room, which I appreciate. I want us both to like our house, not just me.


There still are elements I want to add, and more beach prints to frame, but that will come with time (and money). I'm enjoying creating a space that we can retreat to, one that we are comfortable in and are proud of.

I'm really happy with the way it's turning out. And looking around at it, I again am reminded how incredibly blessed I am and how much I love this new home of our's.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

OOOOHHHH i really love the new bedspread! I am still on a mission to find one I like (and can afford), May have to copy you! ;)

Chelle said...

I love it! Much better than the red you once painted a long time ago!!

Rhi said...

LOVE the bedding. Also, love that the kitty claimed her spot on the sunny part.