Especially my NEW home.
I'm stealing a minute to check in and let ya'll know that I'm still without internet service at the new house. The cable company has to come install the cable line first and we were told today that it would be 7-10 business days before that happens. Then who knows how long before we actually get service started. Hopefully not too much longer after that because I am having serious withdrawals from my computer. My Google Reader is positively overflowing with posts I'm anxious to read. And don't you dare suggest I just delete the posts....why, that'd be like...like...like ripping up Christmas cards without opening them. Dispicable. Unthinkable. Impossible.
As far as the house, we're in heaven. We're still unpacking and getting organized but it already feels like HOME. From the minute we carried the first box in, it was comfortable and familiar and felt like a deep, contented, happy sigh. It was hugely rewarding to finally be somewhere that was already such a part of us. I thought I would be in a big hurry to get it all unpacked and put away and just so but I find myself just relaxing, looking around, learning all the secrets of my home and its spaces. Maybe I just know, too, that I have time to do it the way I want. There's no hurry. The rush is over. We're there.
The last big project that needs to be completed is the kitchen countertops. We were told they should be installed this week so up until now, we've been making do without a kitchen sink, dishwasher or cooktop. I have my ovens, a microwave and a toaster oven, and I'm washing dishes in the laundry room sink. Between that and keeping the fire going, we kind of feel like we're camping. It's an adventure, for sure.
Anyway, all is well and wonderful in the Red House. We're beyond thrilled to be there and daily look at each other in disbelief at our good fortune. The kids are settling in and loving their big new bedrooms. Sam has successfully transitioned to his new school and is already making friends. And interest rates keep dropping, much to our delight. hee hee hee
Oh! And for those that know me IRL (in real life) or have corresponded with me via email, my email address will probably be being cancelled here shortly so please temporarily direct your emails to me at my Gmail account listed in the sidebar.
Thanks for all the good thoughts and well-wishes on our new home. I'll check in again when I can!
7 comments:
yay!!! congrats and enjoy to the hilt. what a delicious feeling :). happy new year and new house!
WooHoo! So glad you are finally in and getting settled. Can't wait to see the finished house!
Congratulations, it sounds lovely!
YAY for your new house!
And, BOO for no internets!
Hurrah!
Ya-ay! May you have many happy years of making everything just right.
Congrats!
so glad your finally here!
Post a Comment