Hey all! Remember me? Man it's been a long time that I've been away. I've missed you all! There's so much I need to get caught up on and trust me, as soon as my internet is connected, I'll be parking my fanny at my desk and doing just that. Our home phone service will be connected tomorrow (Wednesday) and our internet connection stuff should arrive via UPS in the next couple days and then I'll be back in business. Yee haw!
I have to tell you what absolutely GORGEOUS weather we have had the last couple days. Not the 80° and sunny kind of gorgeous weather that my soul craves, but it's been so sunny and clear that it's breathtaking. The temps are only in the 40's during the day but there hasn't been a cloud in the sky and the sun has been trying valiantly to warm things up, which I absolutely appreciate. On Sunday, Hubby and The Dads worked all day and got our back deck put on. My mom and I sat on the back porch, soaking up the sun and supervising the work. It was heavenly and SO rare for this time of year. Sitting there we wondered at the whacky weather we've had so far this year: a month ago we were buried under 18" of snow and being left to fend for ourselves by a city/county who were completely unprepared & unequipped to deal with it, not to mention temperatures in the single digits; a week ago half the county was underwater due to melting snow, heavy rains and flooding. Then two days ago I was outside in my bare feet and short sleeves. It only served to intensify my hunger for spring and warmer weather, when I can get outside and start planting things.
The house is getting more and more settled. Getting the kitchen completed really made it seem like home and I've been cooking up a storm ever since. I'll have to post some pictures because my kitchen? It's GORGEOUS. Seriously. I can't believe it's mine. And my enormous island? Well, we've decided it's more of a small continent than an island because it's embarrassingly big. The first few days I felt a bit gluttonous, like I maybe I overdid it, but now....ah, now I'm just in love with it. Once you live in a space you start to learn all its secrets and idiosyncrasies and while there are a few minor things I'd change, they truly are minor and I'll happily live with them.
Hopefully the next time I log on and post, it'll be from my own home computer, amongst all my own clutter and mess (which I've yet to organize).
3 comments:
Anytime that it's bright, it's gorgeous. Even if I can still see my breath.
I was thinking the same thing about the change in weather, this time last month, we were buried in snow and now this...
I hope your office cleaning goes well. I know I need to do A LOT of my own.
I am so glad your closer but I havent seen you in ages!!
I can't wait to see the photos!
Post a Comment