Monday, October 1, 2007

Love Languages

So I took this quiz this morning: http://edified.org/myspace/lovelanguage. I suspected what the results would be, considering I've read part of Gary Chapman's book, The Five Love Languages, before (I actually own it). The book, and quiz, are geared towards helping you figure out what makes you feel love or what your love language is. Anyway, here are my results:

Acts of Service: 10
Words of Affirmation: 9
Quality Time: 6
Receiving Gifts: 3
Physical Touch: 2

Hmmm. Looks like a typical profile of a mom with small kids, don't you think? Translation: Help me clean this damn house, tell me I'm doing a good job, let me have some time for myself (aka quality time), remember my birthday, and give me an occasional snuggle.

I'm sure that if I were to have Hubby take this quiz his results would probably be an upside-down version of mine. I'm sure Physical Touch would top his list, because, well, he's a man, then he'd probably want some Affirming Words, then Quality Time, Acts of Service and at the bottom of the list would be Receiving Gifts.

I wonder if I can get him to read that book.

No comments: