Monday, September 24, 2007

Books, Books, Books

I love reading. It's ironic too, because I have a very vivid memory of being in kindergarten, sitting in a circle on the floor and having to read outloud for the first time. I remember thinking "I HATE this. I HATE reading and I'll NEVER do this for fun." It's just occurred to me though, that it was probably more the public speaking that I hated than the actual reading.

And if it was the reading I hated, I quickly got over that feeling because I remember spending many a summer's day laying on my bed, engrossed in a book for the entire day. Or hiding under my covers with a flashlight and reading way into the night, like 11:00pm or something. I still can't go to sleep without at least opening a book, even if I'm so tired that I read the same paragraph three times before finally giving up.

I just love books! And it seems like I'm always finding more that I want to read. I swear, I must have a list of about 30 books that I want to read. And that doesn't include the ones I want to go back and RE-read. I just have found so many good authors and stories lately that I want to experience them again, and make sure I didn't miss anything. It's a sad dilemma, I know, when my biggest quandry of the day is what book I'm going to read next. Like right now, for instance, I have one that a co-worker loaned me. And the polite thing to do would be to read it next and get it back to her as soon as possible. Yet, I've gotten a couple other books recently that I really want to read. But since they are either part of a series, or 800+ pages long, I suppose I'll read the other one first. I better go get started!

Happy Reading!

No comments: