Friday, September 21, 2007

I Survived

Phew. I survived that crazy week, but just barely. I knew it would all work itself out but it was just a bit overwhelming to have it all on the horizon. A quick recap of how it all played out (as much as I can remember, that is):

Tuesday - Stayed home before work, did all the laundry, figured out menus, made shopping lists, went to work and blathered about how crazy things were going to be.

Wednesday - Hubby ended up getting home before Sam's asssessment, but Miss Z was still napping. I took Sam for his asssessment, he had an unprecedented attack of shyness, but managed to cooperate eventually. After that, we spent several hours doing errands: grocery shopping, buying birthday presents, acquiring soccer paraphanalia. Hubby's friend Nick called at 9:45pm to touch base about getting together.
Thursday - Cleaned house, prepped stuff for dinner, then took Sam to soccer. N & R arrived shortly before I got home from soccer so the timing working out great. We had a very nice evening - great food, good company, fabulous sangria - I really liked Rattana and understood most of what she said.
Friday - Tidied up the house, made a big pot of marinara sauce for dinner, baked Zoe's cake, got Sam ready for his first day of school, went to school with him (SO much fun; heart-wrenching but fun...I was so hugenormously proud of him I almost burst!), decorated Zoe's cake, got dinner ready for our 10 guests.
Off to school

Concentrating very hard on his self-portrait

Zoe's kitty cake


The Birthday Girl

Life is settling down now, I guess back to it's normal level of craziness. Of course, I'm already starting to think about the upcoming Christmas season, which brings it's own special brand of sugar-flocked insanity. I can't wait!

No comments: