Tuesday, December 8, 2009

True Story Tuesday - Cold Edition


The weather has been BITTERLY cold here in the Great White North.  I don't think it's been above freezing for a week and with the wind blowing down out of Canada's Fraser River Valley, it's even colder.  Thank God there aren't any clouds or moisture in the air because it'd surely turn to snow.  Which would make me cry hot, salty tears.

True story.

Aside from the awful temperatures, I've been sick for almost two weeks with some kind of bug.  Not stuck-in-bed sick the whole time but I have an annoying cough that is lingering and making me feel less than stellar.  And it's making me cranky because it's keeping me from going to the gym.

True story.

As if coughing up a lung isn't bad enough, we went to a lighted Christmas parade on Saturday night - yes, out in the frigid cold night air - and I somehow managed to throw my neck out of whack.  After tensing up and shivering in the cold for an hour, I left the parade with a lovely neck ache.  I went to the chiropractor yesterday before work to get it adjusted but the muscles are so spasmed that she couldn't completely fix it.  And it actually kinda feels worse today (muscle-wise).  So I get to go back on Thursday and hopefully get it straightened out.  It better work because I'm sick of being hobbled by various ailments.  I've got things to do and need my body to cooperate.

True story.

It's only December 8th and I'm already sick of winter.

True story.

1 comment:

Haf Dozen Reasons....... said...

I too agree....I am already tired of winter! Cold be gone!