Monday, December 14, 2009

Random Thoughts


It's Monday again and my friend Michelle has started Monday Mini Moments as a way to share a few thoughts to kick off the week.  Here's what I'm thinking about:

Have you ever heard of NieNie?  Well, read her amazing story here and then try telling me you're having a bad day.  I've followed her story since just after the crash and, well, I just can't fathom what she's been through.  She's such an inspiration and reading the *whole* story brought me to tears.

I think I'm about done with my Christmas shopping, which isn't saying much seeing as we're really only buying for our own kids.  Money is still tight so the kids are it.  I need to wrap some stuff to put under the tree as a form of torture the kids are eager to see some presents.

You'd think with being cooped up with my house due to cold weather, I'd use the opportunity to clean my house.  But no.  I basically did nothing yesterday.  Today I'm trying to make up for it.  So far I've scrubbed the kids' bathroom and washed the shower curtain liner.  Next up:  SHEETS and VACCUMING.

I need to go scour the garage to see if I have any Christmas cards stashed away.  I still need to get those suckers done.  I gave myself a Get Out of Jail Free card last year because we were in the midst of house and moving mayhem but this year I really need/want to get them sent.

It snowed yesterday and while pretty and festive, totally threw me into grizzly bear mode. I just want to eat and hibernate.  Time to turn on the happy light I guess.

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Crank the Christmas music and send out those cards - hand deliver them if need be! And you know the gift of baked goods is always appreciated (hint, hint!)

Mama Smurf said...

I'm thinking of skipping the cards all together this year. I just don't have it in me. Somethin's gotta give. And this year? It's the cards.

Brooke said...

my doc just told me I needed to take D3 religiously to get me through the winter! I will let you know if I start feeling any happier about the weather.

o said...

I am skipping mailing cards and will send out a holiday e-card if I get around to it and have a decent picutre of the kids. I love getting cards this time fo year, but just can not muster and do it this time.