Monday, February 6, 2012

Sunny

Today was one of those rare February days:  gloriously sunny and about 55°.  There was still a crisp and light quality to the air that is reminiscent of early Spring, but still, it was HEAVEN.  There was a brisk breeze that kept me from truly feeling warm, but the sun streaming in the windows was a treat.

Well, actually the sun streaming in my windows illuminated exactly how dirty my windows were so I found myself cleaning the insides of several of the windows. Then I noticed that the sun also lit up the fine haze of dust on my counters and dining room table.  So I wiped those down. And the floors always need to be done, so I swept and vacummed.  And since I was tidying things up, I went ahead and changed my sheets.  I wasn't going to hog all the sunshiny cleaning fun, so I shared the joy with the kids and let them empty the garbages, pick up their scattered things, unload the dishwasher and fill the woodbox. 

We made a quick trip to the store and library, then came home and worked on dinner.  The sunshine demanded that the BBQ be put back to use, so it was decided that dinner would be a Greek theme.  Souvlaki chicken, Greek salad and lemony garlic roasted potatoes.  My dad came over to join us, after I extended the invitation to him earlier in the day, and we had a nice dinner.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I LOVE THE SUNSHINE.  I'm always amazed at the difference in makes in my energy level and my productivity.  Man, if I lived somewhere sunny, there's no telling what I'd accomplish.  :)

No comments: