I'm supposed to be training for another half marathon, which is in two weeks. And I've run precisely ONCE in the last week. Hmmm.
Currently I'm in mental discussions with myself about whether I should even try to do it. 1. Some friends from work are going and I'd love to go hang out with them and do this. It'd be a little kid-free break with girlfriends and that alone is very enticing. 2. My goal for the year was to do 2-4 races and I've only done one. 3. There's no rule that says I have to run the whole thing. Obviously. But I know myself and I'm afraid that once I get out there my competitive spirit will kick in and I'll push myself. 4. The date of the race is 10/10/10 and that's just cool. I want a shirt with that date on it.
I should be able to get a few runs in in the next couple weeks. I was able to change my schedule at work so that I work the same days each week, which will help tremendously with all that's going on in my life. Or at least I hope it will.
I need to just go do this race. I want to. The company alone will make whatever pain I inflict on myself worth it. Besides, I don't think Paula will let me NOT do it.
1 comment:
http://www.google.com/products?q=10%2F10%2F10+t-shirt&hl=en&aq=f.
10-10-10 shirts!
Post a Comment