Thursday, March 18, 2010

Excellence

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."  ~Aristotle

As you can see from my side bar, I collect quotes.  A Facebook friend posted this gem a while back and I immediately wrote it down.  I liked it alot. 

This thought is reassuring to me in a way.  Like, people aren't born with excellence - they achieve it.  It's not a gift that a lucky few have been bestowed with.  Anyone is capable of excellence.  Even me.

So the lesson is that whatever it is that you desire to be excellent at - whether it be running, singing, baking bread, or underwater basketweaving - with perserverance, dedication, and a good measure of grit (for nothing worth having comes easily), you too can be EXCELLENT.

And who doesn't want that??

3 comments:

Trainer Momma said...

Oooo! Oooo! THAT IS AWESOME! I am loving that quote. I am writing it down right now!

Paula said...

Love your new pic and quote! I'm so impressed with your energy!

Michelle said...

Me likes the new blog look! Makes me want a spring-y look too!!