Yep, that's me. Although I don't look nearly as cute as this little guy. I am feeling pretty tired though.
But next week, I'm on Spring Break! After Monday I'm going to enjoy my days off and not work any extra, and I am going to play and enjoy my son's Spring Break. We've got some plans and are leaving the rest up in the air, hoping that the weather will cooperate and we can GET OUTSIDE. So I should have some fun blog fodder for posting, a nice change from my recent whining and complaining. I need to reclaim the positive and happy in my life and I'm going to make every effort to do so in the coming days.
We had a little scare last week where Zoƫ almost drowned at her very first swimming lesson. Long story short, the teacher had her back turned, there was no lifeguard on the deck watching the classes, she lost her footing and couldn't get herself righted and she ended up floating face down. Josh had to jump in the pool to get her. She was fine but we took her to the ER to get checked out, just in case, and she has since returned to her lessons, albeit under our even more watchful eyes. The staff and management at the the pool are also on high alert after I called and raised holy hell about the incident, which the manager had never been told of. I debated about letting her go back to this particular pool but decided that since she wasn't traumatized, and the teacher would be watching her extra carefully now, that I should let her go back. Sam is in lessons there too and loving it so I don't want to punish him by yanking him out. I can't say I'll send them back there, though, after this session is over.
Anyway, we're all good and healthy and got outside today to enjoy the bright sunshine that we were graced with. Josh and I shoveled some dirt and gravel, relocating it around the yard and the kids happily played in the dirt and rode their bikes. Sam and I ended up playing some whiffleball in the driveway for a bit and then we all went inside with rosy cheeks and growling tummies. It was a really nice morning and made me yearn, even more so, for the warmer days ahead.
2 comments:
ACK the almost drowning!! ACK ACK ACK how scary!! I'm so glad she was all right!!
It's 68 degrees and sunny out here today. Suppose to be 73 and sunny tomorrow. Oh babeeeeeee!!!!
Get out and get your dose of Vitamin-D girl!!
Post a Comment