Friday, December 28, 2007

Random Thoughts

Wow, that's quite a list of books that I've read this year. Not as many as I'd hoped - my goal was 100 books in 2007 - but I think I kind of overshot that one not realizing that would mean reading on average 2 books a week. My current book is #34 on the list, which isn't bad. In my defense, several of the books that I read were 700+ pages each, so that's really like TWO books. Anyway, I'm nerdy and last year created a spreadsheet to keep track of my literary accomplishments and will continue to do so in 2008. It's kind of fun to look back at what I've read. I've already got a stack of books waiting to be read in 2008, not to mention my ever-growing wish list at the library.

Since the New Year is almost upon us, everyone starts talking about New Years Resolutions. I haven't made actual resolutions in years, because frankly, I can't take that kind self-abuse. I mean, why set myself up for failure? Instead of resolutions, I try to set a few goals to accomplish over the next year. I think of it as my List of Intentions. What's on it this year? Hmmm....let me think.

1. Finish up a couple craft projects that have been patiently waiting for my attention.
2. Quit spending so much time on the damn computer.
3. Make my husband go on a vacation with me.
4. Be more active!
5. Revamp my wardrobe.
6. Learn how to use my camera and take some really awesome pictures.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure there will be more. But my head is starting to pound from all this thinking. Or maybe it's my cold that's making it hurt. Time for more Sudafed!

No comments: